Welcome to my Blog!! I show you Japanese foods,culture,something :))

Do you wanna know Japanese foods,culture,relationships,something?

2011年8月29日月曜日

Aimai(曖昧)

If you talk with Japanese,you cannot understand what they want to say without Japanese culture.
Japanese use Aimai(曖昧)=ambiguos words.Japanese overwork ambigous phrases.
For example 1,"I prefer A than B",it means both NOT good,or "I don't like B.Japanese cannot say "I don't like ....",so,"prefer" is usefull word in Japan.
For example 2, when you invite Japanese for a dinner or something and they say "If I can,I'll go","maybe...","Ah...I'll think about that",it means "I'll think about the EXCUSE for say no" and "I hope he(she) will forget about it,and I don't need to make the excuse".Of course some busy Japanese needs to check their schedule before answer to you,in this case,they answer to you yes or no quickly.
For example 3,when Japanese say "It's NOT BAD",it means "It's NOT GOOD" .
So, don't have a hope when Japanese say "maybe...","I prefer...","not bad",etc,it means absolutely NO and I don't like it.
In Japan,the most important thing in communication is NOT words,eyes and "air"=mood.So,you check their eyes say no or yes,and read the "air".
I guess every foreigner is confused by Aimai,but please don't get angry,cause of an APPRECIATION for invite,for make a foods for us,to say "don't like" is rude,and Japanese don't want distub someone.
If you distub Japaneseor disrespect Japanese,they are gonna "Seppuku".


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿